Powerlifting Synergy Series 3
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Synergy series consists of 3 qualifying meets, on 3 separate dates. You can choose to lift at all of the qualifying meets or just one. The top lifters at each meet will be awarded. At the end of the year we will be hosting an invitation only meet, this meet will consist of the top lifters from the previous qualifiers.
How the meet works:
– There will be heats of 3-6 athletes lifting at the same time
– The meet will begin with the back squat then once all lifters have completed the back squat then we transition to bench press and conclude with the deadlift.
– There will be a strongest gym/ team division as well. The strongest gym will be determined by the overall score of the male and female from the same gym/ team.
– Legendary Competitor will NOW be holding a record book by weight classes. We will now know which lifter holds our Legendary Competitor Record. We will announce any state and national record attempts prior to the lifts. This will definitely add a flare of excitement to meets
How the lifts will run:
– Each lifter will have 6 minutes to reach their 1 rep max lift.
– The lifter may take as many attempts as they choose within the 6 minute period.
– The athlete will be able to pre-load their opening attempt prior to the 6 minute clock starting.
– Once the clock has started the lifter will be responsible for loading their own bar for any additional attempts.
– The must get a score on the board for each lift in order to have a qualifying total.
The overall individual winners of the meet are determined using the Wilks Formula. The top 3 male and top 3 female overall lifters will be awarded medals.
*A minimum of the top 10 men and women overall (not by weight class yet) will be invited to compete in this Championship. We reserve the right
to invite additional lifters as well.
*A lifter may compete in multiple qualifiers in order to improve scores.
Men: 165, 181, 198, 220, 220+
Women: 105, 123, 132, 148, 165, 198+
Official/Registration site: http://www.legendarycompetitor.com/events/powerlifting-synergy-series-3
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/legendarycompetitor