Strength Challenge 3
ABOUT THE EVENT
Back for year number 3! Come test your strength and overall fitness against the best athletes in the Northeast at our 3rd annual Strength Challenge!
There will be 3 scored events for all athletes and 2 final events for the top 5 to crown the champions. Trophies and awards from sponsors will be given to the top 3 in each weight class. And as usual, there will be free beer and pizza for all competitors!
- Men – Lightweight: 175 and under
- Men – Middleweight: 176-201
- Men – Heavyweight: 201 and over
- Women – Lightweight: 140 and under
- Women – Middleweight: 141-160
- Women – Heavyweight: 161 and over
Heat orders will be determined by the date registrations are received (ie. the first athletes to register will be the last to go and vice-versa).
Event weights will be announced one week before the day of competition. Expect them to be heavy, but definitely manageable for CrossFitters! So you don’t have to be a Strongman or a Powerlifter to compete. Our events will require more strength of mind than anything else to get through!
- Row/Max Rep Back Squat: Athletes will have 2 minutes to row for max calories, 1 minute to rest/transition, then 2 minutes to complete as many unbroken back squats as possible (no re-racking between reps). 5 minute time cap. Score will be total calories + back squat reps. Belts and knee sleeves allowed.
- 2RM Bench Press: 3 attempts for max weight. Separate racks will start at 65#, 135#, and 185#. Jump in for attempts as you are ready. Bars will increase by 10#. Belts, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves allowed.
- Burpee/Deadlift: With a 2 minute running clock, athletes will complete 20 burpees (to a 45# plate), then as many axle deadlifts as possible in the remaining time. Any grip, belts and knee sleeves allowed, no straps.
- Max Distance Keg Carry: Turns at every 40 feet. 3 minute time cap. 1 reset/re-grip allowed. Kegs must carried in front (no shouldering). Any grip, belts, knee sleeves, wrist wraps, and elbow sleeves allowed.
- Final event to be announced on the spot. It’s going to be awful!
Official/Registration site: http://www.harrisonstrength.com/harrison-strength-challenge-iii.html